Sustainability is a priority for Exeter Group in reducing the carbon footprint of real estate projects.
- Sites are selected for proximity to public transportation, shopping, and services.
- Existing buildings are retained and restored whenever possible.
- New structures are positioned to take advantage of natural features of land and vegetation.
- Excess or waste building materials are recycled or disposed of in a responsible manner.
- Energy-saving appliances and equipment are used in restored and new buildings.
- Energy efficient wall and roof insulation and exterior doors and windows are incorporated into projects.
- Solar, wind, district energy, and other non-fossil fuel technologies are used whenever possible.
- Solar includes participation in the Minnesota community solar garden program and state angel tax credits.
- The company monitors new advances and utilizes best current industry practices.