OFFICE CENTER, 1080 MONTREAL AVENUE, ST. PAUL, MN
Crosby Lake/Kamstra Office Center was the first building project undertaken by Exeter Group.
Located in the Highland Park area of Saint Paul overlooking the Mississippi River, the three-building, four-acre site was originally developed in the 1960s by Donovan Construction Company as its headquarters. The complex was designed in the Prairie School Style popularized by renowned architect Frank Lloyd Wright. When Donovan was acquired by an out-of-state competitor in the late 1980s, the campus stood empty for three years until it was acquired by an Exeter Group affiliate in 1991 and then remodeled and re-tenanted as the Crosby Lake Office Center. The campus was doubled in size in 1994 with a new fourth building for a new anchor tenant.
Today the entire site is owned and operated by CommonBond Communities.
- Project cost: $1 million initial cost
- Project size: 40,000 SF
- Uses: Office and parking
- Completion: 1969 and 1994
- Architect: Cherny and Winsor Faricy
- Contractor: McGough Construction for original building and expansion
- Debt: US Bank for the expansion
- Equity: Exeter Group founder and two local investors
- Tenants: Physicians Surgical Services, New Standards, Theseus Logic, Commonwealth Title, Kamstra Communications, and American Academy of Neurology